The farm is open Monday to Friday throughout the year. The farm opens at 9:00am and closes at 4:00pm. Full day sessions are normally over a six-hour period and half day session are normally over three-hour session. The farm is open seven hours, meaning we can be flexible with start and finish times to help accommodate people’s needs.
Monday: 9.00AM – 4.00PM
Tuesday: 9.00AM – 4.00PM
Wednesday: 9.00AM – 4.00PM
Thursday: 9.00AM – 4.00PM
Friday: 9.00AM – 4.00PM
● Group ● 1 – 1 Support ● 2 – 1 Support
● Full day ● Half day
We work with several local local authortities that refer young people to our alternative learning service.
Young people that are being home schooled can be referred to our alternative provision.
Privately funded young people can be referred to our alternative provision.
The AQA Unit AwardScheme (UAS) empowers young individuals to gain valuable work experience and receive certification for their efforts. Through this scheme, they can compile a portfolio of certificates, each bearing testament to their skills, insights, and experiences. Participating in this program not only boosts their self-confidence but also heightens their engagement and amplifies their motivation, guiding them forward on their lifelong journey.
- Horse Grooming & Feeding
- Horse Care & Understanding
- Caring For Rescued Horses: Body Conditioning
- Introduction to Horse Care
- Caring For Rescued Horses: Environment Management
- Caring for Rescued Horse: Hoof Health
- Caring For Dogs
- Safely Transporting A Small Animal
- Animal Industry And The Natural Environment
- Dog Care
- Small Animal Care
- Small Animal Care: Common Pet Species
- Making A Wooden Box From A Drawing
- Good Housekeeping In A Workshop Environment
- Correctly Using PPE In A Workshop Environment
- Basic Woodworking
- Introduction To Woodworking
- Repair And Maintenance Of A Small Tractor, With Support
- Basic Tractor Maintenance
- On To Tools In Forest
- Forest Skills
- Forest: Fire Safety And Outdoor Cooking
- Forest: Building A Shelter
- Forest Cuisine: Cooking An Egg
- Exploring Nature: Woodland Flora
- Outdoor : Field To Fork
- Introduction To Gardening
- Plants And Gardening
- Growing Food Outdoors
- Allotments: Harvesting Fruit, Herbs And Vegetables
- Identifying British Trees
- Interview Practice
- CV Writing
- Basic Writing Skills For Everyday Life
- Life Skills: Building Healthy Relationships
- Social Media
- Employability Skills
- Personal Finance
- Personal Hygiene
Safeguarding is of the upmost importance to us at Peopleton Brook Care Farm. We want to create a safe space for all young people to achieve. Staff are DBS checked, we have trained safeguarding and designated safeguarding staff, as well ELSA trained staff.
Safe guarding documents are updated yearly to comply with the latest safeguarding documents. We have both Child and Adult safeguarding policies. Our policy has been checked by Social Farm & Gardens and received a Green Care Quality Mark as part of the accreditation process. Please click on the link to download our safeguarding policy.
We would love to hear from you to answer any questions you have about our farm and alternative provision. Please feel free to call, email or leave your details and a message in the contact section, and a member of the team will get straight back to you.